RHH/RHW-2/USE-2, sometimes called XLP-USE, is a building wire made of a single insulated copper conductor with insulation of thermoset material composed of cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE).
It can be solid or stranded, bare or tinned annealed copper, designed to operate up to 90°C and up to 600 V in dry and wet environments (the ‘-2’ designation indicates the ‘upgraded’ version of plain old USE/RHW, which can operate up to 90°C in dry environments, but only 75°C in wet ones).
This product is approved and rated for direct burial underground feeder. Although alternate constructions are available, the most common (trade practice constructions) are solid or 7 strand bare copper conductors, with the smallest recognized wire size of #14 AWG (other gauges are available).
RHH/RHW-2/USE-2/XLP-E is suitable for most current direct burial and industrial lighting or power wiring solutions in conduits, ducts, or other approved raceways, especially those where better insulation toughness and resistance to moisture and heat is needed.
The tough insulation is heat, moisture, oil and gasoline resistant, and can withstand harsh conditions.
Our RHH/RHW-2/USE-2 is produced to the following specifications and requirements:
All of our building wire is manufactured in compliance with National Electric Code (NEC) Article 310.
Standard Stock Products
- Sizes #14 through 1/0 AWG
- Solid or 7-Strand Bare Copper
- Up to 12 color options
- Standard insulation is XLPE
- West Coast Inventory available for quick delivery
- Tinned wire available for all sizes
- Highly Flexible Stranding
- #18 and #16 AWG constructions
- UL-approved sunlight resistant and VW-1 ratings are all available upon request
- Striping, Twisting, Cabling and Paralleling
- Custom lengths and packaging
See our services page for more customization options.