DD Stainless Steel Tracer Wire
Our Stainless Steel Tracer Wire is a high tensile strength stranded steel conductor insulated with high molecular weight polyethylene (HMWPE). This product is manufactured according to Underwriters Laboratory (UL) constructions in both 30 V and 600 V versions suitable for use at a maximum continuous operating temperature of 75°C in wet and dry locations.
Our tracer/locator wire can be used in the conductive methods of underground locating of a buried cable or pipe.
Most typically, a frequency generator is connected directly to the cable you want to trace, and a high or low frequency signal is applied. In the passive method, power voltages are sometimes applied at a frequency of 50-60 Hz.
Stainless Steel locating wire is highly flexible and has high strength. HMWPE provides excellent abrasion, crush, chemical, and moisture resistance.
This locating wire is great if you need something exceptionally strong that may also need to carry an electronic signal.
- Sizes #18 through 1/0 AWG
- Solid up to #4AWG and Stranded in all sizes
- Hard-drawn copper available
- Available in all colors as standardized by the American Public Works Association (APWA) Uniform Color Code for Underground Utility Lines
- Custom printing legends if required by customer