XHHW-2 is a single insulated copper conductor with thermoset, cross-linked polyethylene (XLP) insulation.
It can be solid or stranded, bare or tinned annealed copper, designed to operate up to 90°C and up to 600 V in dry and wet environments. XHHW-2 is the ‘upgraded’ version of XHHW, which can operate up to 90°C in dry environments, but only 75°C in wet ones.
This product has the same operating properties as Type SIS. Although alternate constructions are available, the most commonly used types for trade purposes are solid or 7-strand bare copper conductor, with the smallest recognized wire size of #14 AWG (other gauges are available).
XHHW-2 is suitable for most current industrial lighting or power wiring solutions in conduits, ducts, or other approved raceways, especially those where better insulation toughness and resistance to moisture and heat is needed.
Please consult Article 310 of the most recent edition of the NEC for approved ratings in various applications.
The tough insulation is heat, chemical, oil and moisture resistant, flame retardant and can withstand harsh conditions.
Our XHHW-2 is produced to the following specifications and requirements:
All of our building wire is manufactured in compliance with National Electric Code (NEC) Article 310.
Standard Stock Products
- Sizes #14 through 4/0 AWG
- Solid or 7-Strand Bare Copper
- Up to 12 color options
- Standard insulation is XLP
- West Coast Inventory available for quick delivery
- Tinned wire available for all sizes
- Highly Flexible Stranding
- #18 and #16 AWG constructions
- UL-approved sunlight resistant and VW-1 ratings are all available upon request
- Striping, Twisting, Cabling and Paralleling
- Custom lengths and packaging
See our services page for more customization options.